Saturday, April 3, 2010

June, you cannot arrive sooner.

I think I've decided to use the recruiting agency ESLpark.com. A swift response after posting my resume and filling out the online application made me feel good. I was sent a job application and a sample contract. Then Rena called me last night at 10pm, it was 10am in Seoul, Korea. 12 hour difference to EST, noted. Excitement was in and all around the air as I waited not so patiently for her call. Let's call it freaking out. The interview was a breeze, a few questions, Rena explained the Aspostilled state criminal background process, told me what I would need for my E2 visa, then I asked some of my questions. That was it. She sounds sooo cute on the phone.

I attended an Aclipse webseminar. It was VERY informative, I would tell anyone interested in teaching in Korea to do a seminar because they tell you everything you must know in order to make the process smooth and relatively easy. The testimonials on the ESLpark website eased any fears I may have had.

I've been researching nonstop all week. The amount of information on the internet is overwhelming, and I want to read it ALL. I have gotten in contact with people who have friends and one person who has actually taught in Korea. I can't wait to talk to him!

The nearest Korean consulate is located in Atlanta, GA. . . that's a while away regardless of my dissatisfaction.

Making a list of things I must do in Korea during my year there. . .

1 comment: